Sunday, April 5, 2009

Health Fair!

Last Sunday, some of the student's at Knema's school had volunteered to be a part of the Health Fair which was hosted by the Seventh Day Adventist Church here on the Island. There are mutiple clubs at Knema's school, the one which he is the president of is called "The Osler Society", and they were responsible for adminstering eye and ear examinations. Since Knema is the president of the club, he had to be out there from 11:30 until 5:30. I stayed with him the whole time, and it was so great being there. All the students, espeically my husband, are so intelligent. They all did such a wonderful job out there. This is a picture of just a few of the students, and their spouses (the only ones without the white coats.) This picture is posted on this website....
http://www.thebahamasweekly.com/publish/ross-university-grand-bahama-campus/Ross_University_engage_in_their_first_community_effort_by_volunteering_at_the_Grand_Bahama_Health_Expo-005961.shtml

There is also a video posted on the website if you would like to watch it....
http://www.thebahamasweekly.com/publish/videos/VIDEO_On_Location_at_The_Grand_Bahama_4th_Annual_Health_Expo-005976.shtml

Knema also appeared in the local Freeport Newspaper the next day. We bought the Newspaper and we will show you all when we come home. It was really a great event, I really enjoyed myself, as I am sure Knema did, and I think he looked inside over 50 people's ears...pretty neat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones